Friday 29 August 2008

charles rennie mackintosh 1868 - 1928




Still paying heavily, pun intended, for that cream scone and wondering if I'll ever paint again... but then all summer/school holidays have been the same for the last 14 years. September is coming and I'm excited about that, ah, the smell of oil paint will be once more in the air, not so much back to school but back to the drawing board. And then I musn't forget my one woman show on the Scottish Island of Arran, at the Burnside Gallery on the 12th of Sept.
The 2008 summer tour did include some artistic highlights, a visit to the Glasgow School of Art, whose building was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh. A delightful tea with my girls in his Willow Tea Rooms. (more info on the Glasgow school of art's website http//www.gsa.ac.uk/gsa.cfm?pid=46 )
More locally we paid a visit to the retrospective exhibition in Menton of Edouard Goerg, Jean Cocteau's summer exhibiton also in Menton. Still on my must see list is the 'Marc Chagall un peintre à la fenetre' at the Chagall museum in Nice. There should still be time for that one, as it's on until the 13th of October.
Vive La Rentrée!

No comments: